New Position – Supply Chain Manager
Blue Machinery (Central) Ltd is a successful privately owned and family run machinery distribution business based in Cheshire. Trading for over 30 years in purchasing and re-selling and servicing capital equipment in the UK for global leading OEMS on an exclusivity basis.
The business purchases approx. £50m per annum in capital equipment and has an ambitious growth strategy.
This is a Supply Chain Management role reporting to the Sales Director. The role is to assist the business by having a major role in the design, implementation and execution of new processes and systems to maximise efficiency in purchasing capital equipment for improved stock management and retail support for sales team.
- Have experience in procurement and supply chain, ideally in plant & machinery or transport sector.
- Be able to identify where improvements can be made to the business processes and implement digital solutions to streamline process and make information visible to multiple parts of the business.
- Highly self-motivated and disciplined.
- Work within a high-performance culture.
- Able to work with other department heads to deliver project success.
- Excellent IT skills particularly in Microsoft Excel. Experience with SAP Business One is advantageous.
- Establish relationships with machinery suppliers and have regular dialog regarding order backlog and scheduling. Understand their order process and order amendment requirements.
- Negotiate best purchasing terms and prices.
- Responsible for raising purchase orders and placing machine orders accurately, timely and at the best price.
- Monitoring inventory with 3 month and 6 month forecast and communicate business needs to suppliers.
- Total ownership of machine database as master internal document. Managing stock movements and ensuring data accuracy for all business departments to use.
- Document control and version manage internal pricelists and suppliers pricelists issued to the business.
- Interact with Sales Team & Finance Team on a daily basis.
- Provide commercial support to Sales Director.
- Look for value in business OPEX for logistics supply chain & processes.
- Be a key part of the business’s sales transformation strategy.
- Help the business move away from manual document control and integrate the sales process in to our ERP system.
- Working with the finance team to implement a ‘live’ stock list and pricelist for the sales team.
- Development of a ‘deal sheet’ system to role out to sales team to allow them to price machines with various options on a largely self-sufficient basis.
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Able to work across multiple business departments
- Experience with SAP Business one is an advantage
- Able to navigate multiple ordering systems with a range of suppliers and achieve KPIs
ZB Group (ES)