Blue Machinery Scotland Ltd is a leading specialist in sales and service for the Crushing, Screening and Recylcing industry which include a wide range of customers and businesses.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Field Service Engineer to cover all service aspects of our Terex Fuchs Material Handling Equipment Range throughout Scotland and the North East of England.
On joining our Service Team, you will be responsible for all aspects of service within the Terex Fuchs Material Handling Range both at our customers various sites and on our premises with minimal supervision. You will also work alongside our Sales Team.
The role is diverse and includes the following:
- Servicing, repairing and maintaining material handling machines
- Troubleshooting and fault finding both mechanically and on engines with the use of diagnostic equipment
- Utilise technical knowledge and experience to interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, flow diagrams, machine manuals etc
- Working independently and using all available resources to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Identifying and advising parts required
- Carrying out demos
- Setting up new machines for sale and hire and training operatives accordingly
- PDI’ing and commissioning new machines
- Carrying out trade-in inspections and preparing reports on machines
The role requires the following skills and abilities:
- Mechanical and electrical experience
- Diesel and hydraulic fitting/fault finding experience
- Understanding of hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Computer experience including Deutz engine diagnostics or similar and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability and willingness to make decisions with purpose and a strong sense of urgency to resolve equipment failures promptly
- Ability to work independently and use available resources to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Interact well with others in a diverse environment and work effectively as part of a team
- Willingness to travel and stay out overnight as and when required